Medicare Supplement Insurance
Get A Free Quote
By submitting this information you acknowledge a license insurance agent may contact you by phone, email or mail to discuss Medicare Advantage Plans, Medicare Supplement Insurance or Prescription Drug Plans.
San Antonio Medicare Supplement Insurance
What is a Medicare Supplement plan and how does it work?
Medicare provides vital access to medical care, but Medicare doesn’t cover everything. Medicare Supplement Insurance Plans reduce the burden of out-of-pocket medical expenses. We offer a variety of Medicare Supplement Insurance Plans for Medicare beneficiaries in Texas.
A Medicare Supplement Plan is a health benefits coverage plan that complements (or supplements) your regular Medicare coverage.
Although Medicare pays for many health care services and supplies, it doesn’t pay for all of them. A Medicare Supplement Plan will help pay for those costs which could include deductibles, coinsurance and copayments when visiting your doctor. A Medicare Supplemental Plan is also a good idea if you prefer to keep your own doctor and hospital and choose your own specialist and other health care provider.
What are the costs? You’ll be responsible for a premium each month. There are also some out-of-pocket fees, depending on the plan you choose.
Who is eligible? You are eligible for a Medicare Supplement Plan if you are enrolled in Medicare Parts A and B and if you are age 65 or older or, in some states, under age 65 with a disability and/or end stage renal disease (plan offerings and eligibility vary by state). You also must be a resident of the state where the policy is offered.
How do I choose a Medicare Supplement Plan? The best way to choose is by comparing the coverage and rates. You can do this by selecting your state below for plan details and benefits.
We are Always Ready to Assist You
We Make Make Medicare Easy!
8 things to know about Medigap policies
- You must have Medicare Part A and Part B.
- A Medigap policy is different from a Medicare Advantage Plan. Those plans are ways to get Medicare benefits, while a Medigap policy only supplements your Original Medicare benefits.
- You pay the private insurance company a monthly for your Medigap policy. You pay this monthly premium in addition to the monthly Part B premium that you pay to Medicare.
- A Medigap policy only covers one person. If you and your spouse both want Medigap coverage, you’ll each have to buy separate policies.
- You can buy a Medigap policy from any insurance company that’s licensed in your state to sell one.
- Any standardized Medigap policy is guaranteed renewable even if you have health problems. This means the insurance company can’t cancel your Medigap policy as long as you pay the premium.
- Some Medigap policies sold in the past cover prescription drugs. But, Medigap policies sold after January 1, 2006 aren’t allowed to include prescription drug coverage. If you want prescription drug coverage, you can join a Medicare Prescription Drug Plan (Part D).
- It’s illegal for anyone to sell you a Medigap policy if you have a Medicare Advantage Plan, unless you’re switching back to Original Medicare.
Place Your Insurance Needs in Our Hands
- Regardless of the type of Medicare Supplement insurance coverage you are seeking, A+ Senior Insurance will work with you to find the right fit for your financial means and needs. Our team is available to assist you! Call (210) 374-3919 or submit our online contact form to reach out to us today.
Ready to Get Started?
We will also assist you in getting all the information you need about the plans. Contact us to learn more!